8.22.2010

Rainbow Fruit Kabobs

Rainbow Skewers
So I have my family reunion yesterday and was asked to bring an hors d'oeurve. I have made these fruit kabobs before and they've been a big hit. I thought I'd share the recipe with you. Choose about 5-6 fruits of any kind that represent the rainbow ... strawberries being the red. In addition, I used blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, and oranges. The strawberry I dipped in melted Ghirardelli chocolate to finish it off. I recommend using nothing less than 70% cocoa and of course, don't microwave it! use a double broiler so you're sure not to burn it. Another tip - if you've never used bamboo kabob skewers before, be sure to soak them in water for 20-30 minutes prior to adding the fruit. This ensures that there aren't any splinters of wood in the food. I have attached pictures so you can see the masterpieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment